T LEVEL TECHNICAL QUALIFICATION IN EDUCATION AND EARLY YEARS (LEVEL 3) - Early years educator
T Levels will give you a chance to get ahead in your career and know what it is really like working in that industry
- You'll spend 80% of your time in the classroom and 20% on a 45 day placement to equip you with the knowledge and skills employers are looking for
- T Levels will mean you can go straight into skilled employment, an apprenticeship or a job
- T Levels will have UCAS points attached and will be equivalent of 3 A Levels
What you will learn:
You will develop a core understanding of:
- the education and childcare sector from ages 0 to 19 child development
- how to support children and young people’s education
- safeguarding, health and safety and wellbeing
- understanding and managing behaviour
- observing and assessing children and young people
- equality and diversity
- special educational needs and disability
- English as an additional language
- working with parents, carers and wider families
- working with agencies and services that support children, families and carers
- reflective practice and other forms of professional development.
You will also develop a more focused understanding of the Early Years Educator criteria:
- supporting and promoting children’s play, development and early education
- developing relationships with children to facilitate their development
- planning, providing and reviewing care, play and educational opportunities to enable children to progress
- safeguarding and promoting the health, safety and wellbeing of children
- working in partnership with colleagues, parents, carers and other professionals to support children’s development.
- Paediatric First Aid
- Safeguarding training
- Forest School training
- Training sessions with a range of guest speakers and other opportunities
You must have a minimum of five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including Mathematics and English Language at grade 5.
Alternatively, you should have passed a relevant Level 2 qualification with at least a Merit grade and GCSE passes in English Language and Mathematics at grade 5 or above.
You will have a positive school/college reference with excellent levels of attendance and punctuality.
All students working with children will need to have a DBS Check which requires evidence of your identity which could include: Birth Certificate, Passport, bank statement, P45/P60, letter from your headteacher.
It is desirable to have Science at grade 4/4 or above if you are thinking of going into Primary School teaching.
Industry placements must last for a minimum of 315 hours (approximately 45 days).
You will be assessed through coursework, observations in placement, employer set project and examinations.
After completing your T-Level in Education and Childcare (Early Years Educator) you could progress into any of the following careers:
- Nursery Worker
- Portage Home Visitor
- Family Support Worker
- Or a range of other roles in the sector
Or you could progress into Higher Education degree:
- EARLY CHILDHOOD STUDIES (GRADUATE PRACTITIONER) BA (Hons) at UCB.
- Other degree programmes at various universities
If you would like more information regarding T-Levels please contact Mrs Watton on firstname.lastname@example.org