Welcome to Kingsmead’s A-Level Art and Design page!
Our love for Art encourages learners to develop skills, creativity, imagination and independence based on personal experience, taught skills and critical understanding.
Our artists benefit from an independent A-Level Art studio where they have their own workspace and university-style set up.
The aims and learning outcomes for these qualifications are to enable learners to develop:
* Intellectual, imaginative, creative and intuitive capabilities
* Investigative, analytical, experimental, practical, technical and expressive skills, aesthetic understanding and critical judgement
* Independence of mind in developing, refining and communicating their own ideas, their own intentions and their own personal outcomes
* The experience of working with a broad range of media.
* An understanding of the interrelationships between art, craft and design processes and an awareness of the contexts in which they operate.
You will start the course with a guided project based on Photorealism and progress onto a personal project based on a theme of your choosing.
In the final year, you will complete an exam project where you will be given a range of themes to chose from, from the OCR Exam board.
The course is made up of 2 components: coursework which is worth 60% and exam worth 40%.
At the end of the course you are more than ready to start a career in the creative arts industries, if you choose! The industry is worth more than £36 billion a year and employs 1.5 million people in the UK. Many students go on to university to complete foundation or specialist degrees in a wide range of subjects, including: Fine Art, Graphic Communication, Fashion Design, Game Design, Architecture, Photography, Interior Design and animation to name a few!
To find out more information, please contact Miss Lloyd (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) and don’t forget to follow up on Instagram – Art@Kingsmead