An overriding commitment to careers provision
We are committed to providing an annual careers fair, provide visits to universities, apprenticeship information, UCAS information events, opportunities to meet with employers regularly and we promote work related learning in all Key Stages.
If you would like to join the number of universities and providers we work with please contact us. We are flexible and run a number of different types of careers education events. These include:
· Futures Day – where we a mix of hour long talks, workshops and 15 minute speed dating style small group work.
· Futures Fayre – 50+ providers have stalls and present to Kingsmead students and parents as well as other families from Hednesford and Cannock
· Assembly – a short 10 minute talk to a whole year group sharing what you do and opportunities regarding careers at your work place
· Class or specific selection talk – often involving a selection of interested students or meeting a requirement of the provider. These sessions can take place anywhere within the school day
· An audience with… - a 30-45 minute talk with interested small group of students and potentially parents. There is a question and answer style format within these events
· Work experience – support a Year 10 and/or Year 12 student for a work experience week
Please contact our names Careers advisor Julie Butler by email@example.com if you are a provider interested in promoting careers at Kingsmead School.
Going forward our focus from a careers perspective is:
Priority 1: Enterprise – to develop and embed and Enterprise culture within and across the school curriculum.
Priority 2: Employability – to develop the employability of students with a focus on soft skill development, work place behaviour and exposure to the world of work.
Priority 3: Careers education and inspiration – to continue to add to the quality of careers guidance in schools.